Benefits of Membership
What is the difference between CRPO and OSRP?
- CRPO (the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario) is a regulatory body that focuses on protecting the public
- OSRP is your association; we focus on protecting your interests
The Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists has so much to offer its members beyond the traditional concepts of a professional association. We do advocate for our members and set a high standard that builds trust with existing and potential clients, and we do so much more. The Society is a community that supports registered psychotherapists through opportunities and events that promote learning and research.
We connect you to affordable liability insurance
- Save over 20% on liability insurance by getting it through the OSRP (vs the CRPO)
- Your membership pays for itself! You will pay $275 for CRPO insurance and $215 for the OSRP. You save $60! Yay! Plus, the OSRP insurance covers more items for less!
Meet and connect with other therapists! Your community of peers: for RPs, by RPs
- A vibrant online peer community rich in resources, expertise and support (includes a member email group, Facebook, LinkedIn and a blog with loads of relevant articles and info)
- In-person discussion groups for asking questions, sharing interests and building community
- Connection to seasoned therapists for asking questions and sharing information
Many Registered Psychotherapists work as individual practitioners. Having a community of RPs allows for the sharing of ideas and creates an environment of mutual support. We act to strengthen and unify the psychotherapy profession.
Advocacy & Research
We are your professional voice on issues that affect your practice.
- we advocate on your behalf with the CRPO on regulations and by-laws that impact your practice
- we advocate with insurers and other service providers for coverage and other benefits
OSRP represents the interests of psychotherapists with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario and with the government. We provide support through the complaints process and help to create awareness of psychotherapy and its benefits with the general public. We also play an important role in furthering psychotherapy research.
We are the professional home for your protection and professional development
- Your professional home for asking questions about ethics and other safety issues
- Your professional home for finding professional development supports
- A steady feed of RP-related content to support your practice
OSRP members get 15% off most Leading Edge seminars.
OSRP publicly promotes psychotherapy concepts and principles to educate the public and build trust and awareness. By helping prospective clients understand the unique benefits of psychotherapy while reducing the stigma of mental illness, we encourage new business for our members.
Health Benefits Plan
- Affordable coverage for life insurance, extended health care, disability and travel insurance
- Our plan includes two options of coverage so that you can choose which is right for you, your family and/or your employees
- Extended healthcare services include dental care, vision care, prescription drugs & an optional health spending account add-on
- Extended healthcare providers include: Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist, Podiatrist/Chiropodist, Chiropractor, Naturopath, Osteopath, Speech Therapist & Mental Health Practitioner (RPs included!)
- No medical questionnaires required for core benefits enrolment
- No deductibles
- Available to sole proprietors, their employees and/or their families
- Easy online administration
- Tax deductible business expense
- Customized individual plan options available for OSRP members age 65+
OSRP is a not-for-profit membership association with a board of directors elected from the membership.