Barbara Brown Barbara Brown
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Fear, Anxiety, Addiction, Addictions to substances or activities, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Sexuality and sexual problems, Stressful changes in life, work or family
I look forward to meeting you and working together. Here's a bit about me...
I've been employed in the mental health and addictions field in Toronto for over 25 years. I've worked with people on issues such as depression and anxiety, self esteem, relationship struggles, parent-child, family issues, trauma, addiction, and spiritual/faith crisis. I work with a lot of folks from the LGBTQ community, including many trans identified folks, and those coming out or struggling with identity issues.
My practice draws on a variety of approaches including: CBT, mindfulness, sensorimotor psychotherapy, energy work, and psychodynamic therapy. I've completed specialized training in the areas of trauma, mental health, gender and sexual identity, and spirituality. I have additional training in craniosacral techniques.
I work both short and long term with folks, depending on what your needs are. I can provide distance counselling - through Facetime, Zoom, or phone.
I offer a free phone consultation with those interested in working together so you can see if I'd be a good fit for what you're needing.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Sexuality and sexual problems
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Energy Work
- Family Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Pastoral Counselling
- Sensorimotor Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Spiritual Therapy
- Trauma Work
- Emotional Release Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Online Distance Counselling