Carrie Lynn Greig
Carrie Lynn Greig
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Addiction, Sexuality, Addictions to substances or activities, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Immigration, dislocation, racism, discrimination, Stressful changes in life, work or family
I am a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) and a Canadian Certified Addiction Counsellor (C.C.A.C.) who has over 20 years of clinical experience working in inpatient, outpatient and private practice mental health and addictions counselling services. I work with individuals using best practices including: CBT, trauma-focused, narrative therapy, the stages of change, somatic psychology and mindfulness therapies.
With the right support and resources, I believe that the human spirit can develop resiliency to heal from beliefs and behaviors that may keep you stuck in old patterns. My psychotherapy practice focuses on providing a safe and calm environment to support your personal growth. I work within a relational, strengths-based and anti-oppressive approach to heal from life challenges, including grief, substance misuse, anxiety and depression, stress, sexuality and trauma. Recently, I have completed Level II Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (SPI), a body-oriented, somatic psychotherapy that addresses trauma, developmental and attachment wounds.
If you have been wondering how therapy may create change in your life; feel free to email me or call for an appointment. Together we will start from where you would like to begin.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Immigration, dislocation, racism, discrimination
- Stressful changes in life, work or family