Cleidemar (Cleide) Teani
Cleidemar (Cleide) Teani Registered Psychotherapist
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, OCD, Fear, Anxiety, Addictions to substances or activities, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Other Issues, Stressful changes in life, work or family
I am a Person Centered Approach (PCA) therapist. PCA is a humanistic and evidence based way of working that mainly reflects three philosophical interrelated aspects, experiential, phenomenological and existential.
As a PCA psychotherapist, I believe in the healing ability of my clients, in the wisdom of the human organism and its tendency to move in a forward constructive direction; and that this process can be catalyzed by a therapeutic relationship founded on empathy, respect and authenticity. Among others, PCA can help in promoting closer agreement between the client's idealized and actual selves, lower levels of defensiveness, more positive and comfortable interpersonal relationships and an increased capacity to experience and express feelings at the time they occur.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Other Issues
- Stressful changes in life, work or family