Laura Fernando Haldimand-Norfolk REACH
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Abusive Relationships, Fear, Anxiety, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Current abusive relationships, domestic violence, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Sexuality and sexual problems, Stressful changes in life, work or family
Laura is a Registered Psychotherapist practicing as a Clinical Member of OSRP since 2006. Laura believes the arts and play have a remarkable ability to engage and help a person make sense of experience. In addition to an Expressive Arts approach, Laura is trained in Trauma-Informed, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Mindfulness-Based, Narrative, and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy models.
Laura has worked with all ages from children to older adults, individually and collaboratively with family or personal supports. Laura has experience in divorce, blended family, grief, worry or sadness, self-esteem, specific mental health, domestic or social violence, and school or peer concerns. In addition, she has specialized experience in dual diagnosis, neurologic diversity, developmental trauma, and trauma.
Laura has a strong relationship with nature, adventuring whenever possible with her husband and children on backcountry canoe trips and backyard hikes. Yet her wonder and deep regard for the strengths of people through their journeys kindle her continued passion as a helper.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Abusive Relationships
- Fear, Anxiety
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Current abusive relationships, domestic violence
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Sexuality and sexual problems
- Stressful changes in life, work or family