Lizz Arger The Hampton Therapy Centre and 141A Roncessvalles Ave
Core Services: Abusive Relationships, Addiction, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Stressful changes in life, work or family
I am dedicated to healing arts through my work as a Psycthotherapist, a Tai Chi practitioner and a painter. I understand the interconnection of disciplines in linking mind, body and spirit. I blend traditional western approaches with cross cultural training to address issues such as family breakdown, grief and loss, trauma, intergenerational trauma and every day transitional life changes.
I offer a safe and comforting environment in which to explore the issues that are presently impacting your day to day life. My approach is client centered.
My many years experience includes private practice, agency and work in a hospital settings. Tradtional talking therapy such as Intergrative and Interpersonal Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Family Systems therapy as well as creative tools such as meditation and expressive arts are used when appropriate.
Individuals from differing backgrounds are welcome. Cross-cultural experience is extensive. I work with couples and individuals.
- Abusive Relationships
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Stressful changes in life, work or family