Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, OCD, Fear, Anxiety, Addiction, Addictions to substances or activities, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Stressful changes in life, work or family, Provider of clinical supervision to psychotherapists
My mission statement is advancing mental health for individuals and communities.
I provide professional and compassionate psychotherapy in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Using a client-centred approach, I encourage clients to be collaborative in their treatment. I believe there is always an opportunity for growth and change and I support clients as they explore their own pathway to increased psychological wellness. With me, you will explore your concerns and you will have the opportunity to acquire education and skills to use in your everyday life.
I use a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) — looks at patterns of thinking that may be problematic;
- Mindfulness — a practice of being in the present, instead of fretting about past or future events;
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) — incorporates CBT and mindfulness with skills building, for example, learning ways to handle intense emotions;
- Exposure Therapy — for post-traumatic stress symptoms and phobias (e.g., fear of flying).
You may want to see me if:
- you need a safe place to discuss difficult issues,
- you are interested in learning what you can do to manage chronic pain,
- you need support in managing symptoms of depression & anxiety,
- you wonder if your drinking (or drug use) is problematic, or
- stress is negatively effecting your health, relationships or work.
I have over ten years experience working with clients with mental health and addiction issues as a group facilitator and in 1:1 counselling. I have experience in program development, group development and, as a college professor, curriculum development. I teach psychology and I find this a good fit with my private psychotherapy practice. Teaching helps keep me current in psychology research and really reinforces the basic science behind treatment interventions.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Provider of clinical supervision to psychotherapists