Sherry Lynn Sherry Lynn Psychotherapy
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Abusive Relationships, Fear, Anxiety, Addiction, Sexuality, Addictions to substances or activities, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Body image, eating problems, obesity, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Current abusive relationships, domestic violence, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Sexuality and sexual problems, Other Issues, Stressful changes in life, work or family
Hello. I am a Registered Psychotherapist and a Registered Nurse.
I started a career in Intensive Care over 30 years ago caring for people and families when they faced some of the biggest crises of their lives, often at the end of their lives. Not only am I motivated to help heal the physical bodies of my patients, I am always drawn to the emotional and relational concerns of people. For over a decade, I also served as an ordained minister caring for the spiritual needs of a community.
Being present in the lives and deaths of countless people has challenged and enriched my own humanity. Throughout my adult life, I faced my own traumas and demons with the heartfelt and competent support of many wonderful mentors and healers. Along my journey, I delved into my own creativity as exploration and expression.
My curious mind and sensitive nature inevitably led me to more intentionally study and examine the deep emotional, psychological, and relational issues facing us all. As a lifelong learner, I continued my professional education by completing a Masters degree in Theology and Counselling as well as intensive training in IMAGO Relationship Therapy, Transformational Arts, and EMDR.
One of the most important aspects of successful therapy is the relational fit between the client and therapist.
I invite you to give me a call at (905) 869-3898 and see if we are a good fit to work together.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Abusive Relationships
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Body image, eating problems, obesity
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Current abusive relationships, domestic violence
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- Gay / lesbian / bisexual/ queer / transgendered / transsexual issues
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Sexuality and sexual problems
- Other Issues
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Online Distance Counselling