Valerie Kates Valerie Kates, Registered Psychotherapist and Marriage Counsellor
Core Services: Abusive Relationships, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Current abusive relationships, domestic violence, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Stressful changes in life, work or family
As a Registered Psychotherapist, I provide both psychotherapy and marriage counselling out of my home office in Newmarket.
My approach is primarily psychodynamic, which means that we explore together what is going on in your life right now and discover how your past plays a role in your current relationships and thought patterns.
My academic background includes a Master's of Adult Education from the University of Toronto and a Diploma from the Toronto Institute of Relational Psychotherapy.
I've also experienced life, like everyone else, with all its ups and downs. Throughout the years, I've entered therapy myself with some amazing psychotherapists who have helped me through tough times. Not only did they help me gain insight into myself and my patterns, they also helped me live my life in a more integrated way...where my values, my personality, my career and my relationships live in sync.
- Abusive Relationships
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Current abusive relationships, domestic violence
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Online Distance Counselling