Claire Watson Claire Watson
Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Abusive Relationships, Fear, Anxiety, Addictions to substances or activities, Anger and stress management, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Current abusive relationships, domestic violence, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Other Issues, Stressful changes in life, work or family
I love my work as a psychotherapist. I bring my own lifetime experience of joy,pain. personal therapy. healthy and unhealthy relationships, ups and downs of parenting and years of academic study to offer clients a compassionate, wise, healing relationship.
The cure in psychotherapy is not a pill or a needle, it's an empathic, science-informed relationship with your therapist.
I have a Master's Degree in Communication Disorders, a 3-year training Cerrtificate from the Toronto Institute of Relational Psychotherapy and 15 years of leadership in Attachment research, training and author of "Make the Connection Birth to Three" a Canada-wide parent-infant mental health program.
I joined OSP as a student member in 1997. Since then I've been active as the Editor of the prOSPect Newletter from 2004 - 2011. Was nominated as an Honorary Member in 2005 and joined the Board of Directors as Secretary in 2015.
OSP is my chosen place to call home as a Registered Psychotherapist with like-minded, relationship-oriented colleagues.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Abusive Relationships
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anger and stress management
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Current abusive relationships, domestic violence
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Other Issues
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Online Distance Counselling