Core Services: Depression, Low Self-esteem, Abusive Relationships, Fear, Anxiety, Addiction, Sexuality, Addictions to substances or activities, Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem, Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief, Body image, eating problems, obesity, Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life, Current abusive relationships, domestic violence, Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse, General exploration, personal identity and development, Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain, Immigration, dislocation, racism, discrimination, Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child, Sexuality and sexual problems, Other Issues, Stressful changes in life, work or family
Highly experienced with trauma, depression, anxiety, relational problems, loss. Highly experienced with eating disorders and addictions. Relational therapist with a neurobiological, mindfulness, somatic, psychodynamic, attachment, structural dissociation, trauma based approach. You may find that my empathic attunement helps you understand your experience and heal.
You may gain a deeper understanding of why you feel the way you do and why you haven't been able to change patterns that are preventing you from feeling well, and from having the relationships and life that you want. You may learn that you can make connections between past events and the struggles you have today. You may find that my understanding helps you to feel validated and less alone.
I use an anti-oppression approach and have worked with diverse populations both in public and private treatment centres.
I hope you will discover that my kindness, caring, support, understanding and listening will help you feel safe enough to talk about thoughts, feelings, ideas, memories and behaviours that worry you. I hope that you will find that the non-judgmental atmosphere that I work to create will help you form a connection with me where difficult issues can be discussed. I welcome clients who would like to try a session to see if they think that we would be a good fit. I believe that it is through connection and talking that repair and healing can occur. Your inner strengths will become apparent in our work together if the work is going well. These strengths can open possibility for a greater sense of freedom, choice and well-being. This can happen when you are in a relationship that truly supports who you are and who you want to be. I hope that your relationships outside of therapy will grow as you learn to build a trusting relationship with me. I will let you be the expert on your experience. It is my job to learn about you from you. We will assess together the progress of your work with me. I know that it takes courage to give it a chance.
My private practice is centrally located in Toronto, easily accessible by subway.
Some reasons to try psychotherapy might be:
- you feel stuck or overwhelmed.
- you don’t know how to change behaviours or certain patterns of thinking.
- you want someone to listen, to support, to understand you.
- you feel confused about how to handle a relationship, or a problem.
- you feel upset about past or present experiences.
- you do not feel well emotionally.
- you are having difficulty making decisions.
- you are unhappy with how you are coping with stress or other challenges or crises.
- you feel that you don’t know who you are.
- you feel lonely and alone.
- you feel anxious, depressed or worried.
- someone in your life has suggested that you try.
Some of the ways in which we work together are:
- to notice your strengths and help you use them better.
- to encourage calm, confidence, curiosity, compassion and clarity about your problems.
- to look at relational problems in new and interesting ways.
- to help problems to seem less confusing.
- to promote mindfulness.
- to promote body awareness.
- to experiment with new ways in relationships and in yourself.
- to give you new ways to think about your suffering.
My qualifications include:
- Private practice since 1998.
- 2012-2017: Part-time casual psychotherapist at The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in the addictions programme working with clients who struggle with addictions and concurrent disorders.
- 2009-2012: Part-time psychotherapist in the outpatient Women’s Service (addictions programme) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) working with clients who struggle with addictions and PTSD.
- 2001-2009: Full time psychotherapist at Bellwood Health Services Inc., a private residential treatment programme, working with adults who struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder, substance use, sexual addiction, problem gambling, and eating disorders.
I work with:
- Adults, seniors, couples.
- Heterosexual, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual clients.
- And offer family consultations.
- I also have extensive experience in facilitating group therapy
I have a personal website: www.lianeodzesilver.com. You can view my professional profiles online also at Psychology Today, Theravive, LinkedIn, and The Canadian Association for Psychodynamic Therapy. My degrees are as follows: MA, BSc, and I am a graduate of the Ontario College of Art & Design. I am a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. I adhere to the Professional Practice Standards of the CRPO. I am also a professional visual artist.
- Depression, Low Self-esteem
- Abusive Relationships
- Fear, Anxiety
- Addictions to substances or activities
- Anxiety, depression, fear, low self-esteem
- Bereavement, sudden loss, unresolved grief
- Body image, eating problems, obesity
- Crisis of faith, spirituality, the meaning of life
- Current abusive relationships, domestic violence
- Effects - childhood trauma - physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- General exploration, personal identity and development
- Illness, physical trauma, chronic pain
- Immigration, dislocation, racism, discrimination
- Relationship problems - couple, family, parent-child
- Sexuality and sexual problems
- Other Issues
- Stressful changes in life, work or family
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Art Therapy
- Attachment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma Work
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Multi-cultural Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Object Relations Psychotherpay
- Somatic Experiencing
- Family Systems Theory
- Online Distance Counselling